Quantum CatDV 2021 Platform Update Streamlines Content Production
Quantum CatDV 2021 Platform Update is now available with major new features, performance enhancements, and a range of new deployment options to address the needs of agile content production teams. The update introduces a new review and approval framework with real time messaging, support for clip stacking meta-folders to flexibly organize content with versioning to make team-based collaboration faster and more focused, and many more new features.
“Quantum CatDV is a deep technology platform that allows our customers extreme flexibility to build custom workflows and adapt to rapidly-evolving collaboration needs. The new review and approval framework, when combined with the clip stacking and versioning features, gives creative teams extraordinary flexibility to build highly specialized and efficient workflow automation for new levels of production efficiency,” says Dave Clack, vice president and general manager, Cloud Software and Analytics, Quantum.
This latest version of CatDV software is a key part of recently introduced solutions including Quantum’s Web Scale Content Archive Reference Architecture and Quantum’s Collaborative Workflow Solution for creative teams. The Collaborative Workflow Solution is an example of the extreme performance possible with a tight integration of software, hardware, and services. This innovative solution integrates a turnkey, ready-for-production deployment of Quantum StorNext shared storage, Quantum CatDV, and a range of options for adding archiving capacity into the Petabyte range and beyond. With the option to choose NVIDIA GPU-based transcoding, broadcasters can dramatically accelerate content transcoding workflow steps.
“By choosing powerful NVIDIA RTX GPUs with faster-than-real-time video encoding and decoding, the Quantum Collaborative Workflow Solution with StorNext and CatDV realizes its vision of enabling new levels of production efficiency that were not possible before. Customers can dramatically accelerate the critical ingest and proxy building workflow steps, making collaboration for on-site and remote teams far more efficient, even with the ever-growing demands placed on the industry,” says Sepi Motamedi, industry lead for professional broadcast at NVIDIA.
While major components of the Quantum CatDV Platform–including the Server and Worker components–can be deployed today in the cloud, the new release includes pre-deployment configuration files to make Docker-based deployment easier and is ideal for teams needing to rapidly deploy an asset management solution without hardware dependencies, or to supplement and augment existing deployments.
New features and capabilities of Quantum CatDV Server 10, Pegasus 14, and CatDV Worker 9 include:
- New Review and Approval workflow framework with two starter workflows (unanimous approval, or single approval and veto workflows)
- New real-time comment and notifications on clips keyed to timeline code
- New Clip Stacking meta-folders for flexible content organization and versioning with separate Review and Approval flows for individual clips
- New StorNext filesystem metadata integration for dramatically efficient file-system operations on StorNext systems
- Faster duplicate file detection on file moves, copies, and re-names
- Improvements and updates for playback and export including rendering pipelines powered by NVIDIA RTX GPUs
- Extended support for image sequences, DPX and EXR content
- Improved performance and support for more camera RAW and native formats including Canon, Blackmagic, and RED
- Proxy and mezzanine creation from Avid DNx media
- Docker deployment support via XML deployment configuration for rapid testing, evaluation, and cloud deployments
- Precision web playback support for Google Chrome and Firefox client scrubbing and clip annotation
- Extended theming and customization of Web client
- Multiple User Roles support and User Directory integration improvements for LDAP/SAML environments
- Native CatDV support for Two-Factor Authentication using authenticator applications
Quantum CatDV customers with an active support plan can download updates from the Quantum CatDV support page.