Jomboy Media To Produce Content for YES Network
The YES Network and multimedia sports brand Jomboy Media have entered into a content and marketing partnership by which Jomboy will produce original content exclusively for the YES App, and additional Jomboy-produced content will also appear on both the linear YES Network and on the YES App. All of this programming will be promoted extensively on YES’ and Jomboy’s media platforms. The two companies will explore new joint programming concepts, as well.
Among the new programming that Jomboy is developing exclusively for the YES App:
• A David Cone Pitching Coach series in which former Yankees star pitcher and current YES analyst David Cone is joined by Jomboy Media founder Jimmy “Jomboy” O’Brien and partner Jake Storiale to provide Blitzball lessons. Blitzball is a backyard baseball game which enables players to imitate big league pitchers with devastating breaking balls, and which has become a popular mainstay on Jomboy Media.
• Select Jomboy Watch Party shows that will air in conjunction with select YES Yankees streamed telecasts that will feature Jomboy, Jake and YES’ Yankees talent.
Other programming that will air on both the YES Network and the YES App:
• Best of Talkin’ Yanks: 30-minute “best of” shows culled from Jomboy’s Talkin’ Yanks podcast — the #1 Yankees podcast and #3 baseball podcast in the country — that will air on both the YES linear network as well as on the YES App. The podcast is hosted by Jomboy and Jake and features interviews, game recaps and more.
• Toeing the Slab: 30-minute “best of” shows culled from the popular podcast hosted by Cone, Justin Schackil and James Smyth.
• Appearances across existing podcasts and other programs such as YES’ Yankees Hot Stove show and Jomboy’s Talkin’ Yanks.