NAB 2023: Maxon Showcasing Latest Updates with Over 25 Presentations
Maxon announces the speaker lineup and schedule for their upcoming presence at NAB 2023 from April 15-19. Following their latest 2023 Spring Release, NAB offers the first opportunity for attendees to see these latest developments with real-world demonstrations and workflow best practices shared by industry professionals. This also includes product highlights from previous updates, such as the addition of Pyro into the Cinema 4D toolkit and the integration of Redshift with ZBrush. The Maxon showcase can be found in the North Hall, booth N2627. “Maxon is thrilled to be returning to NAB with exciting new product updates, supported by an impressive line-up of talented motion graphics artists with experience across a variety of fields and projects,” says Maxon CEO, David McGavran. “Attendees can look forward to a comprehensive product showcase from Maxon. As always, NAB is an incredible opportunity for our community of artists and visual effects professionals to come together and exchange a wealth of ideas.”
With over 25 presentations, attendees can expect to see the latest tips and tricks from Maxon trainers and regular guest presenters, as well as a number of new faces. This line-up will cover a range of topics from visual effects in films, to medical animation, showcasing the entire range of Maxon tools and their limitless capabilities for creativity. Highlights include:
- Aaron Sorenson is the Director of Films and VFX at ZEBRACREATIVE. His previous work experience as the senior VFX artist and compositor for THE VOID saw him collaborating with ILM, LucasFilm and Disney.
- Amanda Slade is a medical and biological illustrator and animator. Combining a background in biology and veterinary medicine and experience working in the veterinary industry as a technician with skills in digital art including 3D modeling and animation, she is able to create scientifically accurate biological and medical visualizations.
- Ana Carolina Pereira is a professional 3D Artist and Virtual Reality and Game Art Professor at Ringling College of Art and Design. Her notable career highlights include: working as the lead artist at OnComfort, a company that created mobile VR experiences for cancer patients; a tech artist at HTX Labs, a VR civilian training studio; and a ZBrushLIVE Official Streamer. As a technical artist her primary mission is to make fellow artists, especially beginners, feel empowered, driven and equipped to propel their careers forward.
- Andrew Cawrse is a sculptor, anatomist, instructor, and co-founder of Anatomy Tools. He is one of the world’s most sought after aesthetic anatomy instructors, instructing surgeons & physicians, as well as game, VFX and fine-art professionals. His anatomical work has been shown on the BBC, The History Channel, The Discovery Channel, Bravo, Mythbusters and a variety of forensic and educational programming worldwide. Andrew also has a distinguished background in movie VFX, with his previous effects work being featured in films such as “Avatar,” “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” “Van Helsing,” and more.
Additional presenters will include:
- Andy Needham – Senior motion designer at imcalledandy Ltd
- Bryan Coleman – Creative director, motion designer, and style-frame artist
- Casey Hupke – Creative director at xcaseyx.com
- Chad Perkins – Filmmaker, author, and post production artist
- Chris Schmidt – Content creator, motion designer and founder at Rocket Lasso
- Darlene Sanchez – Motion graphics creative manager at Tampa Bay Lightning
- David Mellor – Senior motion designer and 3D/VR Artist
- EJ Hassenfratz – Creative director at School of Motion and founder of Eyedesyn
- Elly Wade – Maxon Cinema 4D and Redshift Trainer
- Gustaf Fjelstrom – Motion designer, artist, and illustrator at Botched Creative
- Ian Robinson – Co-founder of Creative111.com and owner of SoftBox Media
- Jarred van de Voort – Creative director and partner at HYPED
- Julia Siemón – Director, designer, and animator
- Katie Keeling – Senior 3D artist at Fremont Street Experience
- Kelcey Steele – Freelance 3D artist and motion graphics designer
- Kevin Aguirre – Lead Animator at Xitelabs
- Michael Szalapski – Freelance motion designer and Red Giant Community Manager
- Patrick Foley – Creative director and 3D artist
- Thomas Brown – Freelance motion designer
Full line-up is also available on the Maxon NAB Event Page. Presentations will be streamed live and will also be available online shortly after airing.