NBC Sports and TST Agree to Media Deal to Present $1M Soccer Tournament Live on Peacock in U.S. on June 1-4
The Soccer Tournament, the $1 million, winner-take-all, 7v7 world championship, announces it has agreed to a media rights deal with NBC Sports, the home of the Premier League in the United States, for its inaugural tournament in Cary, NC, USA, June 1-4. NBC Sports will have the exclusive right to exhibit 27 TST matches live in the United States.
Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming platform will present 27 TST matches live. TST’s one-million-dollar, winner-take-all championship match will be exhibited live on Peacock and CNBC on Sunday, June 4 at 3 pm ET. NBC will present an encore of the championship on June 10 at 2 pm ET following the conclusion of the Roland-Garros Women’s Final.
“On June 4th, two teams will face off in our championship game for a million dollars. The second place team will get nothing. We are excited to showcase the drama of that moment and 26 additional high-stakes matches through this partnership with NBC Sports, home of the Premier League in the United States,” says TST founder and CEO Jon Mugar.
“We’re excited to partner with The Soccer Tournament to present 27 matches of the inaugural, high-stakes competition and continue to add compelling content to Peacock’s robust soccer portfolio,” says Nick Casanova, Senior Director, Programming, NBC Sports.
A first-of-its-kind soccer event, TST will feature 32 teams from eight different countries competing in a World Cup-like group stage. Sixteen teams will advance to the knockout stage, where they will compete in single elimination games for a $1M grand prize. Teams competing in the event include 7-a-side teams from notable European clubs such as Borussia Dortmund, West Ham, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Wrexham, Como 1907, Israeli club Hapoel Tel Aviv, MLS club Charlotte FC, Liga MX’s Club Necaxa, Clint Dempsey’s Team Dempsey, and US Women, a team of former US women’s national team players organized by Heather O’Reilly and coached by Mia Hamm.
Notable players include legendary Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas (Como 1907), NFL wide receiver Chad Ochocinco (Nati SC), social media influencer and former MLS Academy product Noah Beck (Borussia Dortmund), among others. TST’s field will also include 23 former U.S. senior national team players on both the men’s and women’s side with nearly 1,400 matches of experience combined.
Peacock will stream 12 featured group stage matches live, which will include all of Wrexham’s games, in addition to matchups including Borussia Dortmund, West Ham, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Como 1907, Team Dempsey, U.S. Women, and more. Once the tournament reaches the knockout stage, Peacock will stream the remaining 15 matches live until the conclusion of the event.
Peacock Match Schedule (Live):
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Hoosiers Army (Indiana Alumni) – June 1, 9 am ET
- West Ham United vs. Far East United – June 1, 10:30 am ET
- US Women vs. Say Word FC – June 1, Noon ET
- Wrexham Red Dragons vs. Como 1907 – June 1, 1:30 pm ET
- Wolverhampton vs. Blade & Grass – June 1, 5 pm ET
- Club Necaxa vs. Hapoel Tel Aviv – June 1, 6:30 pm ET
- Wrexham Red Dragons vs. US Women – June 1, 8 pm ET
- Team Dempsey vs. Sneaky Fox – June 1, 9:30 pm ET
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Kingdom FC – June 2, 9 am ET
- West Ham United vs. Culture by Mo Ali FC – June 2, 10:30 am ET
- Wrexham Red Dragons vs. Say Word FC – June 2, Noon ET
- Team Dempsey vs. Zala FFF – June 2, 1:30 pm ET
- Knockout Round (8 games) – June 2, 6pm – 11 pm ET
- Quarterfinals (4 games) – June 2, 12 pm – 4:45 pm ET
- Semifinals (2 games) – June 3, 7 pm – 9:30 pm ET
- TST $1M Championship Game – June 4, 3 pm ET
National TV Schedule:
- TST $1M Championship Game (Live) – June 4, 3 pm ET (CNBC)
- TST $1M Championship Game (Encore) – June 10, 2 pm ET (NBC)