NAB 2018 in Review: The Biggest Stories, Video Interviews With Top Execs, and More
Check out SVG's full coverage of the big broadcast show in Vegas
It was yet another busy year at the NAB Show in Las Vegas, with a cavalcade of news and announcements flowing in throughout last week. SVG was on hand to cover it all, providing live reports from press conferences and booths, video interviews with top industry execs, and providing daily “SportsTechBuzz at NAB” roundups chronicling the big announcements and what is on display at more than 150 booths. Check out the full rundown of all of SVG’s coverage from NAB 2018 below.
SVG On Demand Interviews
- Sony’s Deon LeCointe Dishes on the New 8K UHC-8300, Fox Sports World Cup Partnership
- Grass Valley’s Neil Maycock on the SAM Acquisition and Announcements at the Show
- Inside Canon’s New Lineup of Lenses With Larry Thorpe
- Fujifilm’s Gordon Tubbs on Using 4K Lenses To Create Better HD
- Riedel’s Thomas Riedel Gives an Inside Peek at the New RSP-1232HL SmartPanel
- HGST’s Shawn Klein on Western Digital Synergy and the Future of Storage
- Quantum’s Geoff Stedman Discusses the Company’s Latest NAS Systems
- Dave Letson Offers a Peek Inside Calrec’s Newest Brio Console
- Don Bird on Lawo’s Transformation to IP Innovation
- LiveU’s Dave Belding Dishes on HEVC and At-Home Production
- AWS Elemental’s Dan Marshall on the Company’s New Media-Solutions Line, the Role of AI
- NEP’s Scott Rothenberg on Augmented Realty, Asset Management, and Much More
- Bexel’s Lee Estroff and John Mills Discuss Life In the New World of Bexel Under NEP
Top Stories From NAB 2018
- Sony Intros CCU With IP Support, Two New 4K Camcorders
- With SAM Acquisition Complete, Grass Valley Looks to the Future
- Blackmagic Design Announces New ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K
- AJA Video Systems Looks to HDR, 12G-SDI Support; Mobile TV Group Taps AJA for HDR
- Ross Video Furthers Commitment to Sports-Venue Space With Carbonite Mosaic
- Harmonic Announces Progress in Cloud Deployments, New UHD HDR Live-Streaming Solution
- Calling 2018 the Year of IP, Evertz Launches Scorpion Smart Media-Aggregation Platform
- ChyronHego Announces Integration With Epic Games for AR Graphics, Virtual-Set Solutions
- Key Audio Trends: AoIP, At-home Production, and RF Reallocation
- DTV Audio Group Seminar Focuses on Big Changes
SportsTechBuzz Roundups at NAB 2018
CENTRAL HALL: Audio-Technica, Calrec, Camera Corps, Clark Wire & Cable, Clear-Com, Focusrite, FOR-A, Genelec, Image Video, IMT/Vislink, Joseph Electronics, JVC, Leader Instruments, Marshall Electronics, Mobile Viewpoint, Ncam, Optical Cable, Panasonic, Pliant Technologies, Professional Wireless, Q5X, Radio Active Design (RAD), RME, RTS, Sennheiser, SHOTOVER, Shure, Slomo.tv, SonoVTS, Sound Ideas, SSL, The Studio-B&H, and Yamaha.
SOUTH HALL: Adder Technology, Adobe, Akamai, Aldea, Aperi, Arvato Systems, Arista Networks, Avid Technology, AWS Elemental, Axon Digital Design, Blackmagic Design, Cisco, Cloudian, Cobalt Digital, Dalet Digital Media Systems, Deltacast, EEG Enterprises, Ericsson, EVS, FingerWorks, Fraunhofer, Friend MTS, Globecast, Grabyo, Grass Valley, Hitomi, IBM Aspera, IBM Watson, IHSE, Imagine Communications, IPtec, Limelight Networks, Marquis Broadcast, Media Links, NEP, Net Insight, Nevion, NewTek, PSSI, Quantum, RT Software, Scale Logic, SES, Signiant, SportZcast, Telestream, The Switch, The Video Call Center, VITEC, Vizrt, V-Nova, Wowza Media Systems, and Yospace.
NORTH HALL & MORE: G&D North America, High Rock Mobile TV, iStreamPlanet, SVGW, and T-Mobile.