FIFA World Cup 2022: TSN, CTV, Set to Deliver 200 Hours of Live Coverage
With the countdown to FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 underway, TSN and CTV are ready to deliver complete tournament coverage of all 64 games to fans across Canada. The Canadian Men’s National Team is competing in the tournament for the first time since 1986, kicking off their campaign on Wednesday, Nov. 23 against Belgium at 11 a.m. ET on TSN, CTV, TSN.ca, CTV.ca, and the TSN and CTV apps.
Beginning November 18, TSN.ca and the TSN app also feature a 24/7 live streaming channel with programming specific to the event. The channel includes all pre-game, post-game, and live game coverage of every match of the tournament.
Live coverage of World Cup broadcasts will begin from the networks’ on-location studio at Souq Waqif in Doha, Qatar, as well as from the TSN Studio. Coverage is led by TSN’s industry-leading broadcast team and the TSN and CTV’s massive broadcast schedule for features more than 200 hours of live coverage, including the following highlights:
- Pre- and post-game shows for each match
- Special three-hour Team Canada preview show for every match of their Group Stage campaign
- 30-minute primetime recap show every matchday throughout the tournament on TSN
- Daily 30-minute segment breaking down the latest news and highlights on Canada
- A Match of the Day encore featured nightly on TSN
- Up-to-the-minute news, must see highlights, insights, and analysis available at TSN.ca, and across TSN’s social media platforms
- FIFA’s official virtual live mode within the TSN app, giving fans the ability to stream every tournament match with augmented reality overlays, featuring up-to-the-moment player, team, and match insights as they happen
- All-new game pages for the tournament, with integrated live odds, live win probabilities, team stats, and head-to-head results
- An all-new game summary widget, with video highlights of key moments from each game
- An enhanced DVR feature, giving fans the ability to restart, pause, rewind, and fast-forward live game coverage as it happens
- Tournament futures page, with up-to-date odds powered by FanDuel
Full French-language coverage of the tournament is available on RDS.