SVG Welcomes Swarmcast to Sponsor Family
Swarmcast is the newest member of the Sports Video Group sponsor family. Just last month, the company launched Swarmcast For Sports, what the company calls the industry’s first streaming solution designed specially for delivering live sports online.
Built on Swarmcast ‘s patented Autobahn Platform, which creates a TV-like experience for consumers, Swarmcast For Sports enables rightsholders, broadcasters, and sports organizations to build profitable, scalable, and reliable Internet offerings. With a legacy of enabling the largest sports-content distributors in the world, such as Major League Baseball (MLB) and TV Tokyo, to transform their online offerings into thriving enterprises, Swarmcast is now the only provider capable of handling each aspect of content delivery, from satellite capture to consumer viewing.
In order to meet the global demand for online sports content, rightsholders and sports broadcasters need to build sustainable and successful businesses around their online properties. Offering the highest-quality video experience is the foundation needed to attract and grow global audiences and directly results in higher revenue for both subscription and advertising models. Swarmcast For Sports utilizes the company’s revolutionary Autobahn Platform by delivering the highest quality viewing experience possible by instantaneously adapting to changing network conditions and ensuring that content is being delivered at the highest bit rate available for viewing.
Additionally, Swarmcast For Sports offers a complete suite of solutions designed specifically for the unique needs of the sporting industry:
– Rights Management seamlessly adheres to league mandates, geographical restrictions, local blackouts and conditional access.
– Digital Rights Management (DRM) protects the copyrights of content owners with integrated DRM and stream encryption technologies.
– Reporting and Analytics provides deeply integrated, real-time reporting tools that give content owners visibility into total audience size, viewing time and other metrics.
– Satellite Downlink, Managed Hosting, Encoding, and Production work at every step in the production chain for a turnkey solution.
– Open Platform supports Flash, Silverlight, Windows Media, and multiple codecs, including H.264.
“With our Swarmcast For Sports offering, we are enabling sporting organizations around the world to dramatically accelerate their revenue growth with their broadband video offerings,” said Kelly C. Egan, SVP of business development at Swarmcast. “Swarmcast For Sports fills a massive need in the industry by providing the technology and infrastructure to capture sports on the playing field, package that content with a variety of monetization tools, and then seamlessly deliver to any broadband-connected device. Swarmcast For Sports elevates online sports to a completely new level, strengthening the value propositions of content owners and connecting consumers directly with the content and quality they demand.”