Sports Video Group (SVG)
The Sports Video Group was formed in 2006 to support the professional community that relies on video, audio, and broadband technologies to produce and distribute sports content. Leagues, owners, teams, players, broadcasters, webcasters, and consumer technology providers have joined the SVG to learn from each other, turn vision into reality, implement new innovations, while sharing experiences that will lead to advancements in the sports production/distribution process and the overall consumer sports experience.
- To advance the creation, production, and distribution of sports content via educational events, networking, and community outreach
- To provide a knowledge resource for the growing community of sports video professionals working for broadcast/broadband organizations, professional teams and leagues, collegiate and secondary schools, and facilities
- To facilitate a dialogue with manufacturers, suppliers and technology developers that will improve the quality and profitability of sports programming
What SVG Means to You
SVG Members are end-users of sports technology and work for one of the following organizations on a full-time, part-time, or freelance basis: broadcast or regional network; sports league or association; professional or amateur team; college, university, or high school; collegiate conference; digital platform; stadium, arena, or venue; or post production facility. If you are a member of the sports production community at any level, SVG is designed to help you work smarter and better and, ultimately, help you advance your career by having an educational resource.
SVG Sponsors are manufacturers and/or vendors of sports-technology products, systems, and solutions. If you are a manufacturer or service supplier in the sports production community, then SVG is designed to help open up new business opportunities and also help you better understand the state of the sports production marketplace. Where should you place your R&D efforts? How are your customer’s needs evolving? SVG is here to answer those questions.
How We Accomplish That Mission
The Sports Video Group (and SVG Europe, a sister division in Europe) is directed by a group of advisors from within the sports production community. Over the past 13 years, SVG has created new initiatives, launched new educational events, and much more.
The core of the activities include:
- Daily newsletters that cover the latest industry developments as well as behind-the-scene reports from the most important events in sports
- Monthly educational and networking events designed to help members and sponsors network and learn about the latest industry trends
- Educational outreach programs designed to cover a wide range of industry needs
- Regional networking events designed to give those who cannot attend some of our national events a chance to get engaged with SVG and learn how to more effectively create and distribute sports content