Job Posting: The Mtn. Graphic Designer/Animator
The Mtn. – MountainWest Sports Network is currently accepting applications for a creative and talented graphic designer/animator to help design and animate graphics for the network. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining the website, www.themtn.tv. The position is full-time, available immediately, and located at Comcast Media Center in Denver, CO.
This individual will report to the creative director and be responsible for design & animate graphics for The Mtn., which includes and is not limited to: logo design, magazine ads, press kits, one sheets, marketing materials, prep headshots, prep game graphics, news graphics, show opens, lower thirds, full screen graphics, promo elements, Chyron shells, and style guides. This person will also maintain the Website, www.themtn.tv. Daily maintenance of the website includes and is not limited to posting game wraps, scores, stories and schedules.
The ideal candidate is an organized professional capable of handling multiple tasks, prioritizing and thrives under pressure. Must have a love of sports and knowledge of the Mountain West Conference. Demo reel and/or portfolio is required.
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a designer at a TV network/news affiliate is a plus
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects is a must
- Experience with Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Some web experience (Optimize graphics for web, HTML/CSS (Style Sheets), tables, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to deliver high quality design & animation proficiently
- Must have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Flexible work schedule (Weekends will be required)
The MountainWest Sports Network – The Mtn. – premiered on Sept. 1, 2006 as the first network dedicated to a college athletic conference – the Mountain West Conference (MWC). The Mtn. annually produces and airs more than 170 live collegiate sporting events, including football, basketball, Olympic sports, and conference championship coverage. The Mtn.’s expanded coverage includes news programming, coaches’ shows, pre and post game analysis and feature programming about MWC athletics. The Mtn. is jointly owned by Comcast and CBS College Sports Network.