Cable, Satellite,Telco Customers Can Verify Subscriptions Now For Streaming NBC Olympics Coverage
In the U.S., more than 100 million cable, satellite and telco customers can access 3,500 hours of Olympic live stream content this summer at no additional charge by verifying their video subscriptions now at NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com.
By verifying now, multi-channel customers can also access 14.5 hours of coverage of the U.S. Olympic Team Trials online. Cable, satellite and telco customers can verify their mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App launches in mid-July.
“NBC Olympics Live Extra will provide cable, satellite and telco customers with access to unprecedented Olympic content via digital, mobile and tablet devices. We have been working closely with our multi-channel partners since the Vancouver Games to develop and deploy the most seamless verification process for their subscribers,” said Gary Zenkel, President, NBC Olympics. “The Olympics truly represents the ultimate opportunity for the cable/satellite/telco industry to demonstrate the value of TV Everywhere.”
How It Works
In order to access more than 3,500 hours of live Olympic programming this summer at NBCOlympics.com, existing cable, satellite and telco customers should follow these verification procedures (note: customers must subscribe to a video tier that includes both CNBC and MSNBC):
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click Here & Get Ready” button
3. Select your cable, satellite or telco provider
4. Enter the username and password that corresponds with your account
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
Customers with multiple devices should repeat the procedure on each device. There is no additional charge for this service and a customer’s subscription will not be affected. Mobile and tablet users can verify their status when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App is launched in mid-July. For customers who do not have a username and password, they should contact their cable, satellite or telco provider to create one. More information about the process, including contact information for cable, satellite and telco providers, can be found at: www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help.
Since the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, NBC Olympics has worked with the cable/satellite/telco industry to improve the verification process with innovative technology. Below are some of the new features designed to provide a more seamless experience for the industry’s customers:
· Cross-Domain Verification: Customers who have already verified their subscriptions with Adobe Pass will not have to re-verify those subscriptions. Their device will recognize their verification credentials and will provide immediate access to NBC Olympics Live Extra’s live stream content.
· In-Home Detection: Some cable, satellite and telco customers will not have to verify their at-home devices because their providers are employing In-Home Detection, which recognizes IP addresses, cross-references their IP address with their cable accounts and automatically verifies their video subscriptions.
· Longer Verification Window: Customers can verify now because NBC Olympics and the cable/satellite/telco industry extended the verification window to 60 days. As long as customers click “remember me” when verifying, they only need to verify on a device once for the entirety of the Games.
· Temporary Pass: For customers who want to watch a live stream event but are having trouble verifying their subscription, a temporary one-time-only pass will be extended for four hours during the Olympic Games. This four-hour pass will allow customers the ability to watch the event they want and verify their subscription at a later time.