Blackmagic Design Lowers Price for SmartView Duo, Adds Software Update
Blackmagic Design announced a new lower price on its popular dual-rack monitor SmartView Duo to US$495, as well as a free software update SmartView 3.0.1 which adds support for DCI 2K video monitoring. SmartView 3.0.1 software update is available now free of charge from the Blackmagic Design website.
SmartView Duo features two large 8-inch LCD screens in a compact rack mount design that’s less than an inch thick. SmartView Duo handles all SD, HD, and 3G-SDI video standards and all screens can be remotely adjusted via your Ethernet network from a single computer. The fully digital design with high quality SDI inputs ensures precise color that’s easy to manage across multiple displays. SmartView Duo can be installed into equipment racks for local monitoring in post production, or for multi-monitor video walls in master control rooms and broadcast vehicles for camera or production switcher monitoring.
Only SmartView Duo is compatible with the widest range of SD and HD-SDI video formats for broadcast and postproduction monitoring, as well as the latest 2K DCI support for feature film workflows. SmartView Duo also features network remote control and integrated tally support making it the perfect solution to install anywhere customers need high quality rack mount video monitoring.
“We designed the SmartView Duo with high quality filtering and scaling for the highest end broadcast quality monitoring,” says Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design, “Now, with this new affordable price, SmartView Duo is now available to smaller studios on the tightest budgets. You can never have enough monitoring, and now with SmartView Duo it’s possible! SmartView Duo customers get all the professional features they need without any limitations!”
SmartView Duo Key Features
- 2 independent 8 inch LCD displays in a 3 rack unit size chassis, less than 1 inch thick
- SDI/HD-SDI/3G-SDI input for each monitor, with re-clocked loop outputs.
- Ethernet input with loop output for connecting to computers for central adjustments.
- Tally input for each monitor allowing red, green or blue tally indication.
- Control software panel included free for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Full 10 bit data path and image scaling for high quality displays.
- Ideal for use in broadcast, postproduction, and camera monitoring for switchers.
Availability and Price
SmartView Duo is available now for US$495 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide, and the new SmartView 3.0.1 software update is available free of charge from the Blackmagic Design website.