MLB.com At Bat Makes 2015 Debut Today With Spring Training Update
MLB.com At Bat, the highest-grossing sports app a record six straight years, makes its 2015 debut today with its annual Spring Training update now available for millions of baseball fans on their smartphones and tablets. As part of one of the single largest updates MLBAM has made to its flagship mobile product, At Bat will offer the most comprehensive bilingual accessibility of any U.S. professional sports app.
Millions of Spanish-speaking baseball fans around the world will have access to a fully native language experience in the mobile app, including news articles, app navigation labels, video highlight descriptions, standings, customized team pages, available live audio broadcasts and the Gameday pitch-tracking feature, among other capabilities to be rolled out during the 2015 MLB season.
NEW for 2015
• Application is now available in Spanish language anywhere in the world; device language must be set to Spanish (all)
• Expansion of player search to include all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone) • Full-app re-design to support iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad
• New UI for all 30 team pages and the league-wide scoreboard (iPhone)
• Redesigned UI for the newsreader (iPhone, iPad)
• Team-by-team statistical data filters (iPhone)
• Native resolution to optimize At Bat for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
• Easy access to every game and new team schedule navigation (iPhone) • UI redesigned to support Material Design (Android only)
SPRING TRAINING FEATURES
(NOTE: Regular Season & Additional New Features will be available before Opening Day) • Watch live streaming of more than 200 available Spring Training games with an MLB.TV
Premium subscription (iPhone, iPad, select Android phones and tablets, Kindle Fire, Fire Phone)
• Listen live to available Spring Training radio broadcasts (all)
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac or PC with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, with accessibility on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Track batter-by-batter action for every Spring Training game (all) • Comb through sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (all)
• Stay on top of breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team (all) • Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your favorite team (all smartphones)
• Access to a video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (all smartphones)
• Classic games video archive, featuring dozens of baseball’s most legendary games (all)
ONE CROSS-PLATFORM SUBSCRIPTION
Once again, MLB.TV Premium subscribers will receive a free upgrade to the complete suite of At Bat’s premium features. Fans also may subscribe to MLB.com At Bat and have access to its premium features on the Apple App Store or Google Play for a yearly subscription of $19.99, covering more than 2,500 live MLB games in 2015 from Spring Training through Opening Day to the World Series. Subscribers also may pay $2.99/month with the recurring billing offering.
With an At Bat subscription, users will have multi-platform live audio access for portability to take home, away and Spanish-language audio feeds to desktop and laptop computers. Subscribers also will be able to get full premium feature access across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, supported Android smartphones and tablets and Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire Phone.