SVG’s Sports Asset Management & Storage Forum Set For July 27 in NYC
SVG’s Sports Asset Management & Storage (SAMS) Forum is celebrating its tin anniversary, with the 10th-annual edition to be held at The Westin New York at Times Square on Wednesday July 27. The Forum will feature media-asset–management (MAM) leaders from major broadcasters, leagues, teams, and vendors offering first-hand perspectives and behind-the-curtain looks at their respective workflows. The SAMS Forum will serve as part two of an SVG Doubleheader in July, with the first-annual Sports Imaging Forum held the day prior, July 26, at the Eventi Hotel in Manhattan.
The SAMS Forum is a can’t-miss event for anyone looking to build an efficient content-management and storage/archiving infrastructure as well as to stay up-to-date on the latest technological developments in this vital industry sector. The event will once again be spearheaded by the SAMS Advisory Committee, composed of top execs from more than a dozen major broadcasters and leagues.
The following sessions are scheduled:
- State of the Sports Asset Management & Storage Industry: Data Is Content
- Object Storage and All-IP Workflows: Are Files and Signals the Same Now?
- The Next MAM Frontier: Teams and Franchises Get Into the Asset-Management Game
- DAM Cloudy: Stitching Together Disparate DAM Systems in the Cloud
- DAM Bursting: Challenges of Multi-Angle Multiplication and Syncing Iso Feeds
- The Road to 8K: Next-Gen Unified Storage and Multi-Resolution Archiving
- A trio of case studies (to be determined)