Comrex Now Shipping ACCESS NX IP Audio Codec
Comrex is now shipping ACCESS NX , the latest in its IP audio codec line. Customers should contact a Comrex dealer to place an order. ACCESS NX was introduced at NAB 2017, with new features that include an added audio channel and a 5-inch capacitive touch screen.
ACCESS NX features CrossLock, Comrex’s custom reliability layer that enables both error correction and network bonding. Rather than splitting data between two networks, CrossLock monitors each network in real time and dynamically adjusts network usage based on performance. Combine that with a suite of network enhancement tools, and CrossLock is then able to turn an unreliable wireless service into a broadcast-ready link.
Other features include:
- Two USB jacks for 3G/4G and Wi-Fi connectivity, Ethernet port, and POTS modem compatibility (POTS modem sold separately) Two stereo headphone outputs (1⁄4” jacks) with individual controls
- Digital mixing and headphone busses
- Digital peak limiting
- Field-changeable internal lithium battery with built-in charger (5 hours of power)
- Serial data & four contact closures
- Optional mixer (adds 4 channels)