NAB 2018: Thinklogical To Showcase Virtualized Media, Entertainment Environments Solutions
Thinklogical, a Belden Brand, will showcase a new all-in-one solution for extending virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) architectures in media and entertainment with live demonstrations at NAB 2018.
The TLX Client Integration module is a full-featured virtual machine processor combined with a keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) extender, eliminating the need for a separate client device in VDI implementations. The system can be installed in point-to-point applications or implemented in conjunction with a Thinklogical matrix switch, enabling connectivity between multiple sources and user destinations for enhanced productivity and collaborative workflows.
For security, productivity or performance reasons, customers in media and entertainment often back-rack their physical VDI client machines in secure IT rooms, providing the user with remote access to the devices through a separate KVM extension and matrix switching system.
The TLX Client Integration module simplifies this architecture by combining the VDI client with a KVM extender transmitter, eliminating the need to purchase separate clients and KVM transmitters. This reduces hardware and cabling complexity and cost and saves up to 50% of the rack space previously required. The integrated client machine can host any standard VDI client software, including those produced by VMware, Citrix, Microsoft and others. It is also compatible with many third party accredited software images.
“With our new Client Integration module, Thinklogical is disrupting the media and entertainment marketplace by delivering the quality and performance of no-added-latency KVM and 4K video extension and switching, combined with a cost-saving virtual machine client,” says Olivier Bojarski, president of Thinklogical. “Content creation professionals no longer need to compromise on productivity, performance and image resolution quality when working in a virtual desktop environment.”
TLX Client Integration features and benefits include:
- Increased security and reduced threat of content theft, intentional hacking or accidental data breach by removing hard drives, network cables and USB ports from user desktop
- Uncompressed KVM signal management with control surface performance and no added latency, video artifacts or dropped frames
- Support for zero, thin and thick client images and applications
- Reduced hardware costs, lower operational expenses and up to 50% less rack space
- Improved productivity, efficiency and flexibility
- Reduced IT hardware, cabling, and clutter at the desktop
- Able to be switched via a Thinklogical matrix switch
Other Thinklogical booth demonstrations planned for NAB 2018 include:
- TLX Extenders and Matrix switches: Uncompressed, no added latency management of UHD, HDR and 4K DCI resolution video — up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, 60Hz frame rate, 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and 30-bit per pixel color depth — with no visual artifacts, jitter or dropped frames, and with instantaneous computer peripheral and control surface responsiveness. Supports video, audio, KVM and USB extension. Scalable matrix switches available in 12 to 640 non-blocking port configurations.
- HDMI 2.0 Extenders: Extend and switch HDMI 2.0 video over fiber at full resolution.
- Intuitive Mouse Control with Mouse-Over Cross-Display Switching: Instant screen selection by just moving the mouse from screen to screen allows for intuitive access to multiple independent computer sources without manual switching or workflow interruptions.
- Quad 3G SDI 4K Extenders: Extend and switch four 3G SDI signals over two fibers, supporting UHD and 4K resolutions
- Text Overlay: Provides a customized display capability to more easily identify a video source, with custom overlay size, color and positioning.
- System Management Portfolio and System Management Interface (SMP/SMI) with Enhanced Configurable On-Screen Display (OSD): Interactive drag-and-drop and flexible user-definable Hot Keys system management. Features include remote system monitoring and updating, and mouse and keyboard sharing.
Low Latency 4K Private Cloud Editing Solution for VFX and Post: Uncompressed, 4K-capable, CWDM/DWDM extension solution over dark fiber supporting all popular post and VFX applications and workflows.