NAB NY 2018: Panasonic To Reveal Newest Lineup of Cams
Panasonic will showcase its latest line-up of cinema, studio, ENG, and remote camera systems at the upcoming NAB Show New York, to be held at the Javits Center on October 17-18. The company booth location is N533.
The AW-UE150 PTZ and companion AW-RP150 controller: This new flagship model PTZ features 4K/UHD 60p output and a wide horizontally viewing angle of 75.1 degrees (both firsts in their class), plus a 20x optical zoom/32x intelligent zoom (in HD mode).The UE150 is equipped with a large 1” MOS sensor and various 4K interfaces including 12G-SDI, HDMI, optical fiber, and IP connectivity. The camera simultaneous outputs 4K and HD, assuring the right output for the production. The camera will be shown with the AW-RP150, a new touchscreen camera controller. Offering a 7” GUI LCD screen for monitoring and menu settings, the controller offers intuitive, single-hand operability with a joystick (with a seesaw lever for zoom or focus control). The UE150 and RP150 will be available in December with suggested list prices of $11,400 and $4,700, respectively.
The AJ-PX5100 ENG camcorder: This new P2 B4 model features a 2/3” 2.2M 3MOS sensor and 1080/60p recording, making it ideal for network news, documentaries, corporate and sports production. For creating HDR content, the PX5100 features HLG recording and output and an HLG shooting assist function. It offers a 3G-SDI output, streaming function compatible with RTMP (in addition to RTSP), and is P2 Cast and P2 Streaming Server compatible. The shoulder-mount camera can record AVC-Intra or AVC-LongG high-quality images, as well as dual codec recording of AVC-Proxy. The PX5100 will be available in December at a suggested list price of $25,000.
The AK-UC4000 4K camera system: the 4K/HDR/high-speed studio camera with 4.4K native resolution and high-speed 240fps HD capability utilizes LSSIEL optics to improve the UHD resolution (more than 2000 TV lines p-ph), a very wide 14-stop dynamic range and S/N ratio of 62dB.
The AV-HLC100 Stream Studio: This all-in-one professional live streaming solution includes an integrated PTZ camera controller, built-in audio mixer, titler, clips/stills player, multi-destination stream encoder, and more in one device. The HLC100 makes it possible for one person to operate everything from PTZ camera shooting to streaming transmission. Supported network protocols include NDI & RTMP (for direct transmission to live streaming services such as YouTube Live), and a mix of NDI, SDI and HDMI video sources can be utilized.
Other featured products will include:
- The AW-HN38, AW-HN40, AW-UN70 and AW-HN130 PTZ cameras with built-in Network Device Interface (NDI|HX) support;
- The VariCam LT 4K cinema camcorder with CineLive firmware that sets the cinema camera up for live and near live multi-cam use for events, concerts, television shows, and corporate productions;
- The AW-HR140 is an integrated remote camera system incorporating an IP65 protected outdoor housing, camera, lens. and pan-tilt head and maintains stable shooting performance in the toughest of environments. It’s ideal for outdoor live events, sports arenas, and stadiums, as well as for broadcast coverage of weather, traffic, and scenics.
- The AU-EVA1 handheld cinema camera featuring Dual Native ISOs of 800 and 2500, and a 5.7K Super 35mm sized sensor that can capture up to 14-stops of latitude;
- The P2 Cast cloud-based news production system that leverages the network features of Panasonic’s AVC ULTRA camcorders with AVC-ULTRA recording. P2 Cast expedites the delivery of news to air, while also expanding the editing function of any device connected to the internet.