Ross Video Release Latest Edition of the Automated Production Control Solution With New Features
Following the news of OverDrive Version 18 at IBC in September of this year, Ross announced that the latest release of the Automated Production Control (APC) solution is now available to customers.
Version 18 helps content creators better manage and reduce the complexity of audio, as well offering additional rundown information, greater customization of the user interface, Ross Virtual Solutions UX MOS support (for virtual studio/augmented reality applications), as well as new security updates.
New features include:
- Audio Variables – included in OverDrive Premium and optional modules for OverDrive Prime and OverDrive Express.
- QuickAudio Groups, an enhancement to the existing QuickAudio feature where users can group multiple sources into a single keyword.
- New UI customization – bigger, bolder and different colors. Users can now select different colors to represent elements in the rundown to match existing workflows making the transition to OverDrive even easier.
- Additional rundown information – users can now display more granular information about each shot in the rundown. This enables a simpler or more detailed display depending on the layout’s application (e.g. producer needs less technical information, but the director wants more detailed information.)
- New security updates and performance/security improvements for HTML5 MOS plugins.
- Ross Virtual Solutions (VS/AR) – UX MOS support
Ross Video’s Marketing Product Manager for Automation & Control Mike Paquin points to the consistent evolution of OverDrive as one of its key attractions. “Our customers really value the ability to automate even the most complex of workflows but do so in a manner that’s highly flexible and repeatable,” he says. “With every release of OverDrive we improve the flexibility and ease of use, and it’s no surprise that we now have over 400 deployments of OverDrive around the world. It’s trusted by some of the biggest names in broadcast and it delivers daily.”
At the same time as shipping V18 of OverDrive, Ross is also releasing V5.1 of Caprica, which enables OverDrive to be used with a comprehensive range of third-party production switchers.