Plotting Your Transport Roadmap for the Future: CDI, JPEG XS, RIST, RTMP, SRT, Zixi, BitFire, and Beyond
Today, new compression standards like JPEG XS; transport protocols like RIST, RTMP, and SRT; and transport services like Zixi and BitFire are more crucial than ever in ensuring reliable, low-latency transmission of live sports content over the internet or IP networks. Meanwhile, AWS’s Cloud Digital Interface (CDI) technology allows users to transport high-quality uncompressed video inside the AWS Cloud, with high reliability and ultra-low latency. Industry leaders take the stage to discuss how these IP- and cloud-based workflows are changing the face of live-video transport.
- Jim Akimchuk, BitFire, CTO
- Ghislain Collette, Haivision, VP, Product Management
- Ciro Noronha, RIST Forum, President; Cobalt, CTO
- Emeka Okoli, Zixi, SVP, Customer Success and Business Solutions
- Paul Spinelli, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Director, Distribution and Network Systems
This conversation was hosted at at 2023 TranSPORT in New York City on Oct. 24, 2023, and is moderated by NBC Sports Group’s VP of Olympic Venue Engineering, Chris Connolly.
Watch Now on SVG PLAY: