NBA Launchpad Selects 5 Companies Focused on Emerging Technologies
The National Basketball Association (NBA) announces the five companies that will make up the third cohort of NBA Launchpad, the league’s initiative to source, evaluate and pilot emerging technologies that advance its top basketball and business priorities. The group includes three companies focused on advancing the game and two centered on enhancing fan experience.
NBA Launchpad companies will now begin a six-month immersive process that includes hands-on support from the NBA and access to NBA resources to further develop their technologies. At the conclusion of the program, the NBA Launchpad companies will present to NBA executives, strategic partners and investors during Demo Day at NBA 2K25 Summer League in July in Las Vegas.
“NBA Launchpad continues to support cutting-edge technology startups to stay at the forefront of basketball innovation,” says Tom Ryan, NBA Vice President for Basketball Strategy. “Working with these talented entrepreneurs inspires our thinking and has the power to change the game.”
“Collaborating with NBA Launchpad companies gives us a chance to look at new and innovative ways to enhance fan experience and engagement,” says Jason Bieber, NBA Vice President of New Business Ventures. “This year’s group of pioneering technologies provides us with yet another opportunity to place our fans at the center of everything we do.”
The 2024 cohort of the NBA Launchpad program, as outlined below, features companies from four countries: United States, Denmark, Canada and United Kingdom.
Advancing The Game
- Reboot Motion (Los Angeles): A movement analysis platform helping large organizations excel in biomechanics at scale.
- Tonsser (Copenhagen, Denmark): A digital product and community enabling youth athletes to track their performances, improve their skills, compare and compete against peers, and access opportunities.
- Plantiga (Vancouver, Canada): Advanced in-shoe sensors with AI insights that track step-by-step load, performance and asymmetries during training and competition.
Enhancing Fan Experience
- TextQL (New York): An AI-native data intelligence platform that helps non-technical users self-serve insights in real-time for data-driven decisions.
- Dimension Studio (London): A real-time 3D production studio and platform for virtual worlds, virtual humans and virtual sport.