FIFA World Cup 2022: Telemundo Deportes Readies More Than 2,000 Hours of Spanish-Language Coverage, Telecasts of All 64 Matches in Qatar
Telemundo will present comprehensive live coverage and unprecedented multiplatform offerings of the biggest soccer event in the world. More than 2,000 hours of coverage, including all 64 matches live in Spanish with in-venue commentary team calling all matches from the stadium, will be available across Telemundo, Universo, Peacock, TelemundoDeportes.com and Telemundo Deportes’ app.
The schedule includes 56 matches on Telemundo and eight matches on Universo due to simultaneous kickoffs. Peacock will livestream all 64 FIFA World Cup matches. Live coverage of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 will kick off Sunday, Nov. 20 at 9 a.m. ET with coverage of the Opening Ceremony leading into the opening match between host-country Qatar and Ecuador at 11 a.m. ET on Telemundo and Peacock. Top 10 marquee matches during the first week of group stage include the following:
- Sun., Nov. 20 11 a.m. Qatar vs. Ecuador on Telemundo and Peacock
- Mon., Nov. 21 2 p.m. USA vs. Wales on Telemundo and Peacock
- Tue., Nov. 22 5 a.m. Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia on Telemundo and Peacock
- Tue., Nov. 22 11 a.m. Mexico vs. Poland on Telemundo and Peacock
- Wed., Nov. 23 11 a.m. Spain vs. Costa Rica on Telemundo and Peacock
- Thu., Nov. 24 2 p.m. Brazil vs. Serbia on Telemundo and Peacock
- Fri., Nov. 25 2 p.m. England vs. USA on Telemundo and Peacock
- Sat., Nov. 26 2 p.m. Argentina vs. Mexico on Telemundo and Peacock
- Sun., Nov. 27 2 p.m. Spain vs. Germany on Telemundo and Peacock
- Mon., Nov. 28 2 p.m. Portugal vs. Uruguay on Telemundo and Peacock
Telemundo will offer a robust lineup of ancillary programming to keep World Cup fans excited and engaged throughout the tournament with unparalleled access and entertainment complemented by network’s top news and entertainment shows. World Cup programming to include:
- Hoy en la Copa: The live 30-minute daily preview and recap program, World Cup Today, is the network’s landmark FIFA World Cup show setting up the most important and exciting storylines of the event and around each match.
- Viva el Mundial: Taking over the network’s morning show, Viva el Mundial will transform hoy Día offering daily content around the World Cup and beyond the matches capturing the atmosphere in Qatar, the rich culture of the country and the fan experience onsite complemented by in-studio celebrations, including a World Cup Concert Stage featuring celebrities like Manuel Turizo, Chiquis Rivera, Pablo Montero and Ana Barbara
- Debate Mundial: World Cup Debate is the network’s daily hourlong signature discussion and analysis program presented live from Qatar after the last match of the day, featuring entertaining and provocative discussions from a mix of diverse experts and personalities.
- Al Rojo Vivo: Co-host Jessica Carrillo will host Telemundo’s acclaimed news magazine starting November 21 from Qatar. To provide ongoing coverage throughout the tournament and across stadiums, Jorge Miramontes will be onsite through the World Cup final.
- Zona Mixta: Edición Mundial: The leading late-night weekend sports entertainment show will present an extended one-hour special edition show during the FIFA World Cup 2022 featuring its signature irreverent tone and style, and a different perspective.
Peacock will be the only direct-to-consumer streaming service in the United States to stream live coverage of all 64 matches. The first 12 matches of the FIFA World Cup 2022 will be available to Peacock subscribers on the free tier, while the remaining 52 games (beginning on Nov. 24) will be available to Peacock Premium subscribers. In addition to live match coverage, Peacock’s World Cup Hub will surround the FIFA World Cup 2022 with daily shows featuring highlights and analysis, on-demand full-match replays, and programming such as documentaries. The Copa Mundial 24/7 Virtual Channel, produced by Tplus, is Peacock’s exclusive, free virtual channel home to daily highlights, analysis, and debate shows, including:
- Terraza al Mundial: Exclusive pregame show offering a comprehensive preview of all 64 games, capturing all the excitement and action ahead of each match every day.
- La Tribuna del Mundial: Interactive debate show providing analysis of all the matches, plays and goals with complete reviews of all the critical moments of the day.
- Resúmenes: Los Partidos de Hoy: Extended highlights of each and every match, providing a daily summary of all the action
- Ecos del Dia: Postgame program which will recap each match with expert reactions, in-depth analysis and compelling interviews.
- ¡Aquí Está el Mundial!: Daily compilation of all player and coach interviews and press conferences, match highlights, stats and top moments of the day.
- Lo Que Viene: Daily program which wraps up Peacock’s matchday coverage and looks ahead to preview the following day’s matches.
All of Telemundo Deportes’ coverage, including every match, will stream live on TelemundoDeportes.com and Telemundo Deportes’ app, via authentication, across desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs for authenticated users. TelemundoDeportes.com will offer full match replays.
YouTube will offer Spanish-language real-time video highlights available via the Google search engine, including pre-game, in-game, and post-game clips featuring best of, match highlights and major moments in the match, as well as game previews, winning probabilities, line-ups and news. Twitter will feature daily live content, original programming on Twitter live from the host city, live look-in to Peacock’s coverage and video highlights throughout each competition day. Facebook and Instagram will provide match highlights, social-first content live from Qatar featuring live content from the stadiums, exclusive coverage of trainings, team arrivals, warmups and press conferences. TikTok will immerse soccer and casual soccer fans into the event by offering an exclusive livestream from Qatar featuring fans, daily match highlights, as well as unique fan stories and behind the scenes content during the entire event. Interactive Bracket for the World Cup and Fantasy Content will give fans the opportunity to compete on TelemundoDeportes.com available on both desktop and mobile interfaces and allows users to participate in multiple game modes, whether it be playing against soccer fans or creating their own private league for family and friends. NBC Sports Predictor powered by PointsBet app (available in the App Store and Google Play Store) and at NBCSports.com/Predictor will launch free-to-play games consisting of contests that cover a range of predictions from head-to-head positional statistical matchups to the game result, and more.
Universo will carry encore presentations of every game beginning at 5 p.m. ET each day through the Quarterfinals, and later shift to a 7 p.m. ET start for the Semifinals through the Third-Place match. On Sunday, Dec. 18, the encore presentation for the Final will begin at 2 p.m. ET on Telemundo and 4:30 p.m. ET on Universo. Peacock and TelemundoDeportes.com will both feature on-demand full-match replays throughout the tournament.
Telemundo Deportes’ in-game announce teams include:
- Soccer Hall of Famer, six-time Emmy Award-winner and chief commentator Andres Cantor and lead analyst former Mexican National Team player Manuel Sol.
- For all USA group stage matches, Cantor and Sol will be joined by former USMNT midfielder and National Soccer Hall of Famer Tab Ramos
- Network play-by-play veteran Copán Álvarez and two-time Emmy award nominee Sammy Sadovnik will be paired throughout the event with experienced sports analyst Eduardo Biscayart.
- Play-by-play announcer Jorge Calvo will be joined by a rotation of experts.
- Pre- and post-game analysis from the main presentation studio located at the center of the cultural Souq Waqif Marketplace will feature Cantor, Emmy Award-winning sports journalist Miguel Gurwitz, Telemundo’s Emmy-nominated sports and entertainment host Ana Jurka, Premier League host Carlota Vizmanos, and Mexican soccer icon Carlos Hermosillo.
- Soccer legends and experts will also be joining Telemundo Deportes onsite, including former Mexican national team head coach Miguel “Piojo” Herrera, Real Madrid and Spanish national team legend Fernando Hierro, World Cup champions Mauro Silva of Brazil and Claudio Borghi of Argentina, and 2010 FIFA World Cup Golden Ball winner Diego Forlán of Uruguay and many more.
- Talent covering the FIFA World Cup 2022 on Peacock’s 24/7 channel include hosts and journalists Carmen Boquin, Diego Arrioja, Piero Menor, Luis Baraldi, Pablo Mariño, and Pablo Alsina, and current Houston Dash and former Liga MX Femenil player María Sánchez, who competed with Mexico at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.