NAB 2011: FOR-A Rolls Out New Multi-Format Switcher
FOR-A will showcase its new HVS-4000 multi-format video switcher at NAB (Booth C5219). Available in 2 M/E, 2.5 M/E or 3 M/E models, the switcher is loaded with standard features to handle complex video productions, and offers optional support for 3 Gbps and 3D production.
“The new HVS-4000 was designed to handle a variety of production challenges,” says Pedro Silvestre, Sales Director, FOR-A Corporation of America. “With options that can support 1080p* and 3D production, our switcher can easily grow with our customers as their production needs evolve. Customers can also easily upgrade to a 3 M/E model from a 2 M/E version.”
The HVS-4000 comes with a control panel for the 2 M/E version and one for the 2.5 M/E and 3 M/E models. The 2 M/E switcher comes with either 16 or 24-buttons. The control panel for the 2.5 M/E and 3 M/E models enables direct access to preset content, including a macro bus and event recall button for each M/E. And the 2.5 and 3 M/E versions come with either 24 or 32-buttons.
With its simple panel operation, the HVS-4000 lets the operator switch between HD and SD signals and the various HD formats. With the optional up/down/cross converter card installed, the system can support mixed input from HD and SD devices. Supported HD formats include: 1080/59.94i, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/30PsF, 1080/29.97PsF, 1080/25PsF, 1080/24PsF, 1080/23.98PsF, 720/60p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p; SD formats supported: 525/60, 625/50. Supported 3G formats include: 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p*.
With its optional stereo 3D function, the HVS-4000 can handle the left and right video from a stereo camera as a pair, allowing the operator to switch or invert video, add delays, and adjust parallax. The M/E count does not change even if used as a stereoscopic 3D switcher.
The HVS-4000 comes standard with four keyers for each M/E. Eight keyers are standard on the 2 M/E model, 11 keyers are standard on the 2.5 M/E model, and 12 keyers are standard on the 3 M/E model. Optionally, two keyers can be added to each M/E, enabling expansion of to up to 12 keyers on the 2 M/E model, 15 keyers on the 2.5 M/E model, and 18 keyers on the 3 M/E model.
Additional Key Features:
- Standard 4/10/16-split multi-viewer, second multiviewer can be added
- 2.5D DVEs and 3D DVEs can be added simultaneously. Up to six channels can be added to the 2.5D DVE. Up to eight channels can be added to the 3D DVE.
- Macro function to record and playback operating procedures with press of a button
- Integrated control of various external devices, such as: routing switcher, VTR, DDR, clip server and multi-viewer
- Optional color corrector can be added for inputs, bus line and AUX.
- DVEs can be applied to each bus for transitions.
- 2 DSKs can be added for AUX.
- Event memory capable of registering all types of parameter settings. Up to 1000 events can be registered.
The HVS-4000 will be available this summer.