Florida State’s Seminole Productions Seeks Director of Live Event Productions
Florida State University’s Seminole Productions has an opening for a Director of Live Event Productions. This position would direct and manage all video content and staffing for FSU Football, Basketball, and Baseball contests as well as contracted ESPN Live Events and Seminoles.com live events.
This position will manage at least three full-time employees, several part-time student employees and several free-lance professionals. The candidate selected has the authority to take initiative in overseeing event coverage by setting daily/weekly work schedules as dictated by the needs of the department. This position requires a flexible schedule: evening, weekend, and holiday hours, overnight travel as assigned, and is accountable for NCAA, ACC and University rules and regulations.
Candidate must have experience directing and producing live events and programming Daktronics Venus and Show Control systems, along with Click Effects Blaze and Crossfire systems. Candidate should also have experience in video production with a strong emphasis on Editing and Motion Graphics as well as a diverse technical background. A strong background and high level of creativity is required for in-game programming of features and content for in-game entertainment of stadium and arena video and ribbon boards.
- Responsible for assisting and managing staff in the design and development of live event productions. This includes in arena productions and contracted network productions for ESPN and Seminoles.com.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in the live event productions. Directs the setup and technical operation of remote and in-studio productions and broadcasts. Directs staff and students and assigns crew positions for live event productions.
- Operates a variety of television production equipment and software used to complete programs. Will include Avid Media Composer, EditShare shared storage systems including FLOW and ARC, DSLR cameras, Panasonic 2000 and 200 camera systems, SONY 700 Cinema Camera, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, broadcast switchers, EVS motion control system and Ross Xpression graphics system.
- Serves as a member of the Seminole Productions management team. Participates in strategic planning, staffing decisions and other key areas. Assumes delegated authority/responsibility to recommend and implement policies within area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with all internal and external partners – including FSU Athletics, IMG, Sponsors, Freelancers, and FSU students to develop and coordinate Seminole Productions game day operations and content delivery.
- Trains FSU Media Production students to perform various video production duties as game day staff.
- Edits, Creates, and Manages video and motion graphic content for all FSU home Football, Baseball, and Basketball events.
- Ability to use Avid Media Composer software
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and After Effects software
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Strategic Management – Ability to apply the principles and practices of strategic planning, development, and evaluation.
- Effective Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Policy Development – Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Working Relationships – Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Process Evaluation – Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
- Photography/Graphic Operations – Ability to plan, implement, and direct photography, graphics, and audio/visual associated operations.
- Supervisory Requirement – Ability to train and supervise employees.
- Laws, Rules & Regulations – Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- University Policy – Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related University policies and procedures.
- Computer Application Knowledge – Knowledge of applicable computer software and basic computer functions.
- AV Editing Techniques – Knowledge of and ability to utilize audio and/or video recording, mastering, and editing techniques.
- Media Technology & Trends – Knowledge of current media technology and trends.
- Television & Radio Production – Knowledge of the standards, principles, trends, and practices of television and radio production,.
- Collaborative working style, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
Bachelor’s degree and four years experience related to media, communications, and/or marketing services or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to eight years.
Understanding of digital video systems, live event production; ability to convey plans and information clearly; demonstrated knowledge of currently utilized television, audio, multimedia production and related video equipment and applications; demonstrated ability to shoot video with the use of broadcast quality equipment; ability to operate Avid Media Composer, Adobe Production Suite, and/or compositing software; knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of the professional and technical aspects of lighting, shooting, and editing; must possess the ability to work in teams; and, the ability to work a flexible work schedule to cover sports events as assigned.
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to Mark Rodin at email@example.com. Please include a link to a demo reel or examples of work. The position will remain open to applications until filled.
Established in 1987, Seminole Productions handles virtually every video production need for Florida State Athletics. Seminole Productions produces over 100 TV programs yearly including the Jimbo Fisher TV Show, the Leonard Hamilton Show, the Mike Martin Show, as well as Seminole Sports Magazine. Seminole Productions also produces Live Events for ESPN as well as produces contracted shows for Sun Sports/Fox Sports Net. Seminole Productions also creates and produces all of the production elements for Seminole Vision, the in-game entertainment productions for all of FSU football, basketball, and baseball home contests. Seminole Productions also provides visual communications support for other University departments, State Government, and other agencies throughout the State of Florida.