Comcast SportsNet Chicago Will Again Carry Commercial-Free Cubs, White Sox Spring Training Games
For the second straight year, Comcast SportsNet will present two, back-to-back, commercial-free Cactus League spring training game telecasts.
The two commercial-free games lead off Comcast SportsNet’s “15 Games in 15 Days” spring training game telecast schedule and will feature the Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks (Thursday, March 19 live from Salt River Fields in Scottsdale, AZ – 8:30 PM CT, featuring Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies with the game call), followed the very next day with the White Sox hosting the Cubs (Friday, March 20 live from Camelback Ranch in Glendale, AZ – 3:00 PM CT, featuring the announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone).
NOTE: In advance of Comcast SportsNet’s “15 Games in 15 Days” schedule, the network’s first Cactus League spring training telecast will feature the Cubs taking on the Oakland Athletics live from Cashman Field in Las Vegas, Nevada this Friday night, March 13 at 7:00 PM CT.
The March 19 & 20 Cubs and White Sox spring training telecasts on Comcast SportsNet, which will be presented entirely commercial-free by Abt Electronics, will take this unique opportunity to showcase brand new, one-on-one interviews with players/managers/coaches featuring exclusive sit-down chats with new acquisitions, key veterans and returning players, along with profiles with all the young and upcoming standouts for both organizations, plus – Comcast SportsNet will also provide numerous, entertaining feature stories that fans will not want to miss.
“With the excitement of the upcoming baseball season at a fever pitch on both sides of town, we wanted to once again start off our coverage of the 2015 MLB season in a big way by taking the time we would normally air commercials and provide some very unique content for our viewers,” said Phil Bedella, Vice President/General Manager for Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
Among the key in-game features that fans can look forward to seeing during the commercial-free telecasts on March 19 & 20 include:
- One-on-one interview with White Sox manager Robin Ventura
- Exclusive, combined interview with starting pitchers Chris Sale and Jeff Samardzija
- An inside look as outfielder Avisail Garcia trains with strength and conditioning coordinator Allen Thomas in the White Sox weight room, where cameras are not allowed.
- Lead-off hitter Adam Eaton takes CSN Chicago on yet another unforgettable fishing trip
- CSN Chicago mic’s up six-time NL stolen base champ/current White Sox minor league baserunning instructor Vince Coleman during drills with a number of White Sox players
- One-on-one interview with 2014 White Sox #1 draft pick (3rd overall), pitcher Carlos Rodon
- One-on-one interview with new power-hitting acquisition Adam LaRoche
- One-on-one interview with new Cubs manager Joe Maddon
- One-on-one interview with first baseman Anthony Rizzo
- New Cubs speedster Dexter Fowler provides a baserunning clinic on how he gains the edge over the opposition
- Starting pitcher Kyle Hendricks displays his array of pitches via a pitching clinic that showcases what the right-hander has in store for this season
- Cubs starter Jason Hammel takes his family for a little spring training down time at the driving range
- One-on-one interview with starting pitcher Jake Arrieta
- Plus, what’s the story behind the charity t-shirts Joe Maddon wears during his post-game press conferences? The new Cubs skipper explains why he does it and how it helps change lives.
Additional special features and profiles that will air throughout CSN’s White Sox/Cubs spring training schedule, include White Sox interviews/features with David Robertson, Jake Petricka, Zach Putnam, Geovany Soto, Jesse Crain, Matt Davidson, Don Cooper, Rick Hahn, plus – CSN puts a GoPro camera on Tyler Flowers to experience a catcher’s eye view, player reflections on the late Minnie Minoso and more. Cubs interviews/features, which will also air in Friday night’s special spring telecast from Las Vegas, will showcase the nation’s #1 prospect Kris Bryant, along with Theo Epstein, Jon Lester, Travis Wood, Jason Motte, David Ross, Chris Bosio, plus – CSN also puts a GoPro on catcher Miguel Montero and more.
In addition, fans watching CSN’s spring training Cubs/White Sox spring training telecasts will also hear from managers and GM’s from around MLB who offer up their thoughts on the upcoming Cubs and White Sox teams, including interviews with Don Mattingly (manager, LA Dodgers), Terry Francona (manager, Cleveland Indians), Chris Antonetti (GM, Cleveland Indians), Mike Scioscia (manager, LA Angels), Ned Yost (manager, KC Royals), Bryan Price (manager, Cincinnati Reds), Walt Jocketty (GM, Cincinnati Reds), Bob Melvin (manager, Oakland A’s), Chip Hale (manager, Arizona Diamondbacks), Dave Stewart (GM, Arizona Diamondbacks), Walt Weiss (manager, Colorado Rockies), and Bud Black (manager, San Diego Padres) among others.