Canadian Elite Basketball League Picks Mediapro Canada as Exclusive Distributor for 2020 Season
Mediapro Canada has been selected by the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) as exclusive supplier for all games that will be aired live on the CBC in 2020, including the season-ending CEBL Championship in August.
“2020 marks a transformational year for the CEBL given their partnership with the CBC and we are very excited and proud to be a key partner in this relationship”, said Chris Priess, Vice President of Mediapro Canada. “Basketball is certainly one of the fastest-growing sports in the country and we’re excited to contribute to the development and success of the CEBL”.
“After a long search process, it became clear that Mediapro was the right choice to partner with”, said Mike Morreale, Commissioner and CEO, CEBL. “Based on the continual investments they have made in their business and our desire to try new ways of showcasing our great product, it became an easy decision. As the CEBL begins its journey on National Television through CBC, I am excited to showcase #OurGame to all of Canada”.
The CEBL, the trailblazing new men’s professional basketball league, launched in 2019 with six teams; the Fraser Valley Bandits, Edmonton Stingers, 2019 league champions Saskatchewan Rattlers, Niagara River Lions, Hamilton Honey Badgers and Guelph Nighthawks, and expanded to include the Ottawa BlackJacks, which make their debut away to the Niagara River Lions in May.
Mediapro will produce seven regular-season games from May through July as well as the season-ending Championshp Game in August, according to the following schedule:
CEBL on the CBC
- Saturday, May 30 (4 p.m. Eastern) – Ottawa at Hamilton
- Saturday, June 6 (2 p.m. Eastern) – Edmonton at Guelph
- Saturday, June 13 (4 p.m. Eastern) – Fraser Valley at Edmonton
- Saturday, June 20 (4 p.m. Eastern) – Saskatchewan at Fraser Valley
- Saturday, June 27 (4 p.m. Eastern) – Hamilton at Guelph
- Saturday, July 4 (2 p.m. Eastern) – Hamilton at Niagara
- Saturday, July 18 (4 p.m. Eastern) – Niagara at Saskatchewan
- Sunday, August 16 (3 p.m. Eastern) – CEBL Championship Game