Audio-Technica Extends 600 MHz Rebate Program
Extension matches FCC cutoff date for spectrum reallocation
Audio-Technica has extended its existing trade-in program for 600 MHz wireless systems through July 13. This initiative was designed to provide options for end users as the industry transitions away from wireless systems operating in the 600 MHz band (614-698 MHz), a move mandated by law as a result of the ongoing FCC wireless-spectrum reallocation. The program is designed to help wireless users switch to a system that accommodates the new guidelines outlined by the FCC.
The official cutoff date for any wireless system operating in the auctioned portion of the 600 MHz spectrum is July 13 and covers any device capable of tuning into that spectrum even if it’s not being used.
Gary Boss, marketing director, professional markets, Audio-Technica, says, “After several years of transitioning to the new standards, we are now in the final months of the use of the 600 MHz band by the public. This is truly the last chance to switch over to a new option that accommodates the new guidelines. Our rebate is intended to assist with a smooth transition for all wireless users.”
The following A-T wireless systems are eligible for the extended rebate, with the rebate amount:
- 2000 Series (single-channel): $50 trade-in
- 3000 Series (4th Generation) (single-channel) and 3000 Series network-enabled (newly introduced, now shipping): $75 trade-in
- 5000 Series (3rd Generation) (dual-channel receiver): $500 trade-in
- System 10 stack-mount (single-channel): $50 trade-in
- System 10 camera-mount (single-channel): $75 trade-in
- System 10 PRO rack-mount (single-channel): $75 trade-in
- System 10 PRO rack-mount (dual-channel): $150 trade-in