The SVG Podcast: The Return of MLB – An SVG Edit Team Roundtable, Plus An Interview With Formula 1’s Dean Locke
A deep dive into the return of live sports from both sides of the Atlantic
Major League Baseball returns on Thursday and the NBA and NHL are just around the corner. The next two weeks may among the biggest weeks in the history of live sports television production.
On today’s episode of The SVG Podcast, the SVG editorial team breaks down what to expect as Major League Baseball returns to action this weekend, plus we bring you a conversation on the return of Formula 1 with F1’s Director of Broadcast and Media Dean Locke.
This episode of The SVG Podcast is supported by The Switch. In live production, what are you challenges? Is it delivering shoulder programming, OTT and social media content? Are you a niche sport fighting to get coverage of your events for your dedicated fanbase? Do you need to broaden your fan engagement through dedicated social media channels and streaming content? Perhaps you’re heavily into live events such as festivals, concerts, company announcements, or global product launches? Are you challenges operational? Do you need to produce live content with a distributed production team? If it’s LIVE – The Switch is here to make it happen. MIMiC is the first fully integrated cloud based live production service. Find out more about it now at theswitch.tv.
The SVG Podcast is for the sports-video–production professional looking to keep up with the latest in sports-video–production operations and technology. The program features interviews with some of the biggest, most influential names in the sports-video business talking trends and topics that are making an impact on the industry.
Check out all of SVG’s ‘MLB Returns’ coverage:
- RSNs Take Over World Feed for All MLB Broadcasts, Customize for In-Market Fans
- ESPN Preps Normal Sunday Night Baseball Graphics Package for ‘Enhanced World Feed’
- Wearing Two Production Hats, MLB Network Deploys Full At-Home Model, Provides RSN Infrastructure
- Baseball Has Its Crowds on an iPad With Artificial Fan Noise
- As RSNs Handle World Feeds, Sinclair’s Fox Sports RSNs Shoulder Production Load
- NBC Sports Regional Networks Seeks Balance Between World Feed and Serving In-Market Fans
- NESN To Produce ‘Red Sox-ized’ In-Market Broadcasts in Addition to World Feed
- AT&T SportsNet RSNs Use Mix of Studio, Mobile Facilities for World Feed, In-Market Productions
- MASN Tested Early With Back-to-Back-to-Back World Feeds for National Broadcasts
- Fox Sports Augments MLB on Fox Telecasts With Virtual Fans
- …and stay tuned for more next week!