NAB NY 2023: VITAC Showcasing New Technologies, Accessibility Solutions
VITAC announces they will be among the exhibitors at this month’s National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in New York. The team will be in Booth 1150 on Level 3 of New York City’s Javits Center.
The Future of Accessibility is Technology
Captions, audio description, subtitles, dubbing, and transcripts are important components of production and post-production process. Working with the right accessibility partner can help streamline an entire workflow and make accessibility a snap.
VITAC provides media access and localization services and AI-powered solutions to broadcast companies, cable networks, and streaming platforms around the world. With offices in the US, UK, and Canada, the services enable customers to deliver global content and meet a variety of accessibility requirements.
VITAC’s technology offers versatile and cost-effective solutions for captioning and transcription, guaranteeing a dependable viewing experience and exceptional accuracy.
Their proprietary automatic speech recognition (ASR) engine, built for the media and entertainment industry, transforms spoken language into high-quality captions. Our engine works with all encoders, and owning the engine enables their team to monitor, teach, and control caption delivery and accuracy.
The ASR+ offering takes that one step further, and uses highly trained captioning professionals to prep the ASR engine on expected key terms, words, and topics before each session, monitor the captions, and incorporate post-session edits to continuously improve the engine.
Additional ASR+ features include:
- Custom models for news, talk shows, sports, and meetings.
- Realtime monitoring and tech support, with available 24/7 to answer phone and email questions and test and ensure connectivity.
- Speaker changes in real time, and support for rapid changes and similar voice separation.
- Distinction between homophones and similar-sounding words.
- Minimal delay and latency
- Secure, end-to-end data connection
- Captions in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, and French.
- Employing a data-driven learning approach, VITAC’s ASR+ continuously evolves and adapts to accents, languages, and speech patterns, ensuring captioning accuracy and performance and enhancing accessibility for all.