Will the Cloud Change Everything? Networks, Vendors Debate the Role of the Cloud in Live Productions
Live sports productions, particularly smaller shows, have begun to embrace cloud-based operations, with camera signals sent directly into the cloud rather than being cut onsite. Manufacturers and facility providers discuss the latest developments in cloud-based production and how your organization can take the plunge.
This discussion features:
- Dave DeBuhr, Sony Electronics, Account Manager, Professional Networked Solutions Division
- Michael Kidd, Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology, Director of Architecture
- Angus Mackay, Matrox Video, Product Marketing Manager
- Costa Nikols, Riedel Communications, Global VP, Sales Enablement
- Corey Smith, CBS Sports and Paramount+, Senior Director, Digital, Software Engineering
This conversation was hosted at the SVG Remote Production Forum Los Angeles on Sept. 27. The moderator was SVG Co-Executive Director Ken Kerschbaumer.
Watch Now on SVG PLAY: