Relo Metrics Releases Brand Exposure, Valuation and Social Insights Report Examining All 2023 NFL Regular Season Games
As the most-watched sports league in the United States, the NFL stands head and shoulders above the other leagues. To further understand the impact of the NFL in the sponsorship landscape, Relo Metrics analyzed the U.S. television feeds of all the 2023 NFL Regular Season Games, as well as all social media value.
As the NFL keeps getting bigger and bigger, the report reaffirms the league’s role as the North Star of the sports and entertainment industry. Some of the main takeaways that were uncovered by Relo Metrics are found in the report:
- Broadcast confirmed its role as the main source of value for all brands investing and activating in the space
- Sunday night remained the premium time slot for the NFL, with those games receiving the highest average viewership
- The six Christmas and Thanksgiving games accounted for 11% of broadcast value
For their analysis, Relo captured every single live match and social post for all 32 NFL franchises from the 2023 regular season measured on broadcast and social; the numbers confirm the league’s prominent role in the industry. On the 272 live matches analyzed, there were 92.2B social impressions with brand value and $2.3B In Total Sponsor Media Value. There were 498,000 total brand exposures generating 15,400,440 total seconds of brand exposure.
The numbers are outstanding, and yet another proof of the NFL’s role and the exposure-related opportunities it offers to brands. Other areas analyzed in the report include:
- Ranking the brands which received the highest values during the 2023 NFL regular season
- Social media platform growth in 2023, total Sponsor Media Value and average Sponsor Media Value per exposure by platform
- Sponsor Media Value by platform — 2022 vs 2023
- Top-earning brands and placements
- Top verticals and brands
- The most valuable placements across NFL in terms of asset
- The impact of A-list celebrity guests on Monday Night Football
- Brand visibility and value on social – the top five accounts in terms of brand value generated
The report is now available at https://insights.relometrics.com/2023-nfl-brands-insights-report for download.