Live From Daytona 500: Fox Sports’ Mike Davies and Dave Hill Preview the Network’s 20th Consecutive Season
Developing new and innovative ways to engage fans has always been Fox Sports’ go-to philosophy, and racing’s highest-profile event, the Daytona 500, is a big enough reason to try to stay ahead of the game.
MORE FROM DAYTONA 500
- Fox Sports Headlines 20th Consecutive Year With FPV Racing Drone, 80-Ft. Strada Crane
- BSI Prioritizes Consistent Testing, Driver Safety With Visor Cam
- SMT Digitizes 62-Year-Old Race With Broadcast, Team Data-Tracking
- NASCAR Productions Embraces At-Home–Production Model for Super Bowl of Racing
- Game Creek Video Provides Total Structural Backbone in the Compound
- Fox Sports Stresses Audio From the Loudest Sport on Earth
- Photo Gallery: A Weekend at the Daytona 500
At the Daytona 500, SVG Associate Editor Kristian Hernandez spoke with Mike Davies, SVP, technical and field operations, Fox Sports, and David Hill, director, motorsports operations, Fox Sports, about new tech deployments, such as the FPV racing drone and 80-ft. Strada crane, how offsite locations in Charlotte, NC, are alleviating stress, and how the broadcaster’s production has improved since it first came onsite at the turn of the 21st century.